Eaglemont Christian Church is committed, in simplicity, to knowing God, loving people and serving the world. Our aim, by God’s grace and enablement, is to be as effective as possible at seeing people come to personal faith in Jesus Christ and grow deep in their walk with Him in community with other Christ-followers.
Since our first Sunday gathering in Beaumont in 2006, Eaglemont Christian Church has grown to the point where we will need to expand in the near future and put the necessary tools in place to allow us to continue to share God’s good news message. That is why we have embarked on this journey – the Faith Expansion Capital Campaign.
- Childrens' Ministry grew from approximately 50 kids in 2007 to 125 in 2014, and is often at capacity.
- We have a portable as a temporary bridge to help steward growth in the number of children.
- Children, youth and community events are increasing.
- Staffing now includes one full-time office administrator and four full-time pastors.
- The new auditorium will be suitable for weddings and will provide opportunities to share the gospel through pre-marriage counselling.
- With the expansion, children would have full use of the gymnasium space on Sunday morning.
- Beaumont's population is currently 16,700 and growth projections indicate that could reach close to 22,500 by 2020.
Eaglemont Christian Church leadership has been confident of God’s simple word to ‘move forward’ since our Council meeting in December 2013. Our Core Team members have confirmed that desire to move forward, having voted 90% in favour of proceeding with the building expansion.
While Eaglemont Christian Church has a physical need for a larger facility, the expansion is about far more than a new building. It’s about expanding our faith and serving as many people as possible as we share the love of Christ.
Though our current facility was paid off in early 2013, Pastor's Council did not feel the Holy Spirit's leading to begin an expansion at that time. Instead, in keeping with our missions focus, we launched a Generosity Journey in 2013.
The Eaglemont Christian Church family gave generously to support a number of needs across the province, including families facing economic and natural disaster challenges, community capital and service projects.
During our generosity journey, we strengthened our mission-focused hearts to give and serve beyond our walls. We now seek God's leading to expand our capability to serve our community through this next season of faith expansion. The building expansion will be just one more tool to help do that.
We have not yet set a 'shovel in the ground' date. Our current course is to continue the process of saving the required funds for future facility expansion while remaining focused on the on-going ministry of reaching and discipling people with the gospel. We have set a $4 million milestone - the point at which Eaglemont Christian Church's leadership will discuss the next step in the saving/expansion process.